Camp Harbor View’s work is focused on providing opportunity to some of Boston’s most historically marginalized communities. We believe that by working together with the families in our program we will make progress in overcoming many of the barriers of systemic inequity and advancing educational and economic parity. We strive to build a staff and board that is reflective of the communities that we serve.
Title/Position: Maintenance Staff
Reports to: Facilities Director
Location: Camp Harbor View, Long Island, Boston MA (ferry transportation provided)
Hours: Seasonal, Full-Time; June 26, 2023 – August 25, 2023; 8:15 am to 4:45 pm
- Maintain the cleanliness of all camp spaces;
- Identify and report any maintenance or safety issues;
- Assist in maintenance tasks including, but not limited to, indoor and outdoor painting, pool maintenance, light carpentry tasks and landscaping;
- Assist in the set up and break down of performance events, special events;
- Provide materials and tools to program areas so they can maintain the cleanliness of their spaces;
- Assist the Facilities Director with special projects to improve camp;
- Support with the care and maintenance of equipment across camp;
- Support the development and growth of a positive camp culture by providing additional support to campers and colleagues as needed and at community-wide events, including, but not limited to, performances, lunch, and the ferry;
- Follow all COVID-19 mitigation and prevention efforts; and
- Other duties that support the Camp Harbor View community as needed.
- 18+ years of age;
- Experience working in a related position preferred;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to be adaptable in a quickly changing environment;
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and coaching; and
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.