Leader in Training Program Coordinator
Leader in Training Program Coordinator
The Leader in Training (LIT) Program is a mentoring and leadership development program for young people in grades 10 through 12, aimed at developing critical leadership skills in addition to preparing young people for post-secondary success. The major responsibility of the LIT Program Coordinator is to plan and implement quality and developmentally appropriate curriculum, programs, activities, services, and dedicated events for Camp Harbor View’s flagship LIT program. The LIT Program Coordinator will work with the Leadership Academy Director to develop curriculum and lead a group of 40 young people in the 12th grade through a year-long program focused on executing their post-secondary plan and honing skills that will support their transition into life after high school.
During the school year, the LIT coordinator will lead a weekly community night and one monthly Saturday workshop using curriculum that is focused on supporting LITs in applying to college, writing college essays, trade, gap year, employment opportunities, financial aid, resume building, interviewing, and networking skills. The current 12th grade curriculum also focuses on helping young leaders build healthy relationships and develop business leadership skills. In addition to leading curriculum, the LIT Program Coordinator will work alongside a dedicated 12th grade Clinician to ensure the seamless inclusion of Social and Emotional Learning (SEL), clinical programming and workshops.
During the summer months of July and August the LIT program runs congruent with the Camp Harbor View Summer Camp on Long Island in the Boston Harbor. The LIT coordinator will ensure Leadership programming is tailored to the needs of rising 12th graders both on and off-island which may include enrichment trips off-island and enrichment programming on-island. During the Summer 12th grade LITs also get the opportunity to work as junior camp staff. The LIT Coordinator will serve as a supervisor to the LITs by performing 1:1 check-ins and communicating with camp Program and Team leaders to ensure LITs are performing well in their roles and are growing as leaders.
Title/Position: Leader in Training Program Coordinator (12th Grade)
Reports to: Leadership Academy Director
Location: 46 Plympton Street, Boston, MA 02118
Position: Full-time, salary
- Create and modify curriculum that supports 12th graders in reaching the post-secondary goals and refining relevant skills.
- Work with each young person on an individual basis to set goals and monitor progress toward achieving those goals. Participate in individual and group supervision sessions.
- Create clear expectations that support ownership of the process and lead to independence and preparation for adulthood.
- Work with the 12th grade cohort clinician to integrate SEL programing and make referrals to clinician as needed.
- Ensure wrap-around (Clinical/ Family Support) needs are being addressed by the proper department regarding assigned students.
- Assist the Leadership Academy Director in conducting program evaluation, progress monitoring towards goals set for young people in the LIT program.
- Develop and support a culture of excellence, exploration, and growth.
- Conduct evaluations for all young people in the LIT program as it relates to their summer employment at Camp Harbor View.
- Other related duties as specified by the Leadership Academy Director and Leadership team.
- The successful candidate will be creative, adaptable, detail-oriented, organized, and passionate about young people’s growth and development. S/he/They will be a team player, have strong interpersonal skills as well as solid communication;
- At least two years’ experience working with youth in an out of school time setting;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience working with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience;
- Ability to motivate others and produce results.
- General understanding and knowledge of the Boston educational landscape;
- Entrepreneurial/Business mindset;
- Experience leading administrative systems and processes as it relates to the coordination of youth services;
- Experience using data as it relates to continuous improvement in program outcomes;
- Desire to work in a fun, fast-paced, team-oriented environment that puts mission first.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Kara Bassett.