Leader in Training Program Coordinator
The Leader in Training Program (LIT) is a mentoring and leadership development program for young people in grades 10 through 12 aimed at developing critical leadership skills in addition to preparing young people for post-secondary success. The major responsibility of the LIT Program Coordinator is to plan and implement quality and developmentally appropriate programs, activities, services, and special events for Camp Harbor View’s flagship LIT program. The LIT Program Coordinator will work with the Program Manager to develop curriculum and lead a group of 40 young people through a year-long program focused on planning and executing their post-secondary plan and honing skills that will support their transition into life after high school. This includes supporting LITs in understanding the variety of post-secondary opportunities available, preparing for the application process, learning about financial aid, honing resumes, and building relevant skills.
Reports to: LIT Program Manager
Location: 46 Plympton Street, Boston, MA 02118
Position: Full-time, salary
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a cohort of approximately 40 young people year-round.
- Work with each young person on an individual basis to set goals and monitor progress toward achieving those goals. Participate in individual and group supervision sessions.
- Assist in establishing expectations for the LITs, developing clear guidelines and expectations for all young people in the program.
- Create and modify curriculum that supports LITs in developing their post-secondary plans and refining relevant skills.
- Assist the LIT Program Manager in conducting program evaluation, progress monitoring towards goals set for young people in the LIT program.
- Develop a culture of college preparation, vocational education, and career exploration.
- Conduct evaluations for all young people in the LIT program as it relates to their summer employment at Camp Harbor View.
- Other related duties as specified by the LIT Program Manager and Leadership team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- At least two years’ experience working with youth in an out-of-school time setting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A valid driver’s license is preferred.
- The successful candidate will be creative, adaptable, detail-oriented, organized, and passionate about young people’s growth and development. S/he will be a team player, possess strong interpersonal skills as well as solid communication;
- General understanding and knowledge of the Boston educational landscape;
- Experience leading administrative systems and processes as it relates to the coordination of youth services;
- Experience using data as it relates to continuous improvement in program outcomes;
- Ability to motivate others and produce results;
- Desire to work in a fun, fast-paced, team-oriented environment that puts mission first.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Danielle Halderman at email@example.com.