LONG ISLAND, MA
Camp Harbor View’s work is focused on providing opportunity to some of Boston’s most historically marginalized communities. We believe that by working together with the families in our program we will make progress in overcoming many of the barriers of systemic inequity and advancing educational and economic parity. We strive to build a staff and board that is reflective of the communities that we serve.
Title/Position: Team Leader
Reports to: Camp Administration Team
Location: Camp Harbor View, Long Island, Boston MA (ferry transportation provided)
Hours: Seasonal, Full-Time; June 26, 2023 – August 25, 2023; 8:15 am to 4:45 pm, some pre-season hours April to June.
- Conduct engaging training for camp staff, providing relevant knowledge and skills related to providing care and programming at a day camp for middle school aged youth;
- Supervise and coach a team of group leaders, providing regular feedback through informal and formal observations weekly and a performance evaluation twice per summer;
- Oversee the daily schedule and activities for the lighthouse, ensuring timely and safe transitions, engagement at program areas, and coordination of break times for staff;
- Ensure the safety of the campers in the lighthouse through adequate ratios, appropriate supervision and accurate attendance checks;
- Serve as a positive role model for campers, LITs, and staff, demonstrating effective leadership skills and motivating the lighthouse to engage in activities;
- Communicate with other teams, including administrative leadership, camper support, clinicians and Family Services regarding campers who may require additional support and resources;
- Coach and mentor high school-aged youth in the Leader in Training (LIT) program, regularly communicating with LIT staff regarding the LIT’s performance;
- Support all COVID-19 mitigation and prevention efforts; and
- Other duties that support the Camp Harbor View community as specified by the Camp Administration Team and other year-round leadership.
- 20+ years of age;
- At least 8 weeks (2 months) experience working with youth;
- Interest in youth development principles;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to be adaptable in a quickly changing environment;
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and coaching; and
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.