Camp Harbor View changes lives and transforms Boston’s communities by exposing historically marginalized youth to the possibilities of a future they may have never envisioned.
At Camp Harbor View, kids can be kids. At each of the five program areas (aquatics, leadership, sports, knowledge is power, and art) campers engage in quality programming and learn the skills they need to succeed outside of camp. Our core values of fun, respect, responsibility, character, courage, and community drive the camp experience and create a safe, fun environment for campers to develop as young leaders. Camp Harbor View staff are responsible for fostering that environment and have the great privilege to model our values for our campers.
Camp Harbor View’s work is focused on providing opportunity to some of Boston’s most historically marginalized communities. We believe that by working together with the families in our program we will make progress in overcoming many of the barriers of systemic inequity and advancing educational and economic parity. We strive to build a staff and board that is reflective of the communities that we serve.
Title/Position: Summer Photographer & Videographer
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications + Camp Administrator
Location: Camp Harbor View, Long Island, Boston MA (ferry transportation provided)
Hours: Seasonal, Full-Time; June 21, 2024 – August 23, 2024; 8:15 am to 4:45 pm; up to 5 additional hours per pay period for editing time.
- Photograph and record the daily activities at camp throughout the summer, ensuring that all program areas and lighthouse groups are equally represented;
- Organize, upload and share images for the camp leadership and marketing team to easily access, flagging images that include campers who do not have a media release;
- Support the marketing team with social media including obtaining needed images, b-roll video, and social video content creation on island and in the city;
- Provide digital image editing for camp-related media, collaborating with the camp leadership and marketing team to ensure marketing and branding needs are met;
- Supply images to create high quality slideshows/videos to be shown at various events, including the last day of each camp session and events during the school year;
- Support in the creation of a summer “look book” to be both printed and distributed to staff and posted on a bulletin board;
- Support the development and growth of a positive camp culture by providing additional support to fellow photographers, campers, and colleagues as needed and at community-wide events, including, but not limited to, performances, lunch, and the ferry;
- Follow all COVID-19 mitigation and prevention efforts; and
- Other duties that support the Camp Harbor View community as needed.
- 18+ years of age;
- Personal camera equipment required;
- BA/BS in related field preferred, equivalent experience considered;
- Unobtrusive, photojournalistic shooting style and strong visual aesthetic;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, etc.) or equivalent photography and video editing software;
- Experience and affinity for social media storytelling;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required;
- Strong organization and time management skills required;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds; and
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.