Guaranteed Income Pilot Program Coordinator
Camp Harbor View’s work is focused on providing opportunity to some of Boston’s most historically marginalized communities. We believe that by working together with the families in our program we will make progress in overcoming many of the barriers of systemic inequity and advancing educational and economic parity. We strive to build a staff and board that is reflective of the communities that we serve.
Title/Position: Guaranteed Income Pilot Program Coordinator
Reports to: Guaranteed Income Pilot Program Manager
Location: Primary – 46 Plympton Street, Boston, MA 02118. Seasonal – Long Island, Boston Harbor
Hours: Exempt, Full Time with expected evening work.
This is an exciting position for an entrepreneurial and team-oriented person looking for a fun and exciting challenge. In 2021, Camp Harbor View launched one of the first privately funded Guaranteed Income (GI) programs in the country. The program supports 50 families with approximately $583 per month in unrestricted cash. The program is a pilot program, designed to promote financially stability and mobility within the families that Camp Harbor View partners with. Camp Harbor View is an innovative, fast-paced organization that deploys a participant-centered approach to all its programs. This person will be responsible for managing a caseload of participants, providing one to one resource coordination, and where applicable, group supports in the form of financial literacy workshops. They play an important role on the Family Services Team, carrying out the holistic supports that Camp Harbor View provides to young people and their families.
- Experience with adults and families is required and familiarity with trauma-informed training preferred. Experience servicing families and knowledge of Boston community resources;
- Ability to create and implement goal tracking plans that demonstrate a clear understanding of the client’s financial history;
- Proven ability to form relationships with people from diverse backgrounds including those of different racial, ethnic, linguistic, religious and sexual orientation identities;
- Utilize modalities that are consistent with program goals and that best fit with the program participants’ needs, most notably focused on financial well-being.
- Manage a caseload of up to 50 families, depending on need;
- Provide resource coordination and guidance to participants enrolled in the program, as needed;
- Facilitate and manage quarterly meetings for Parent Advisory Board; plan and implement activities and events along with board members, keep track of engagement;
- Engage and work closely with other programs across the organization; ensuring effective and appropriate communication is taking place around services for participants and families;
- Support the development and growth of a positive culture within the organization and its programs, researching topic areas relevant to planning for GI program;
- Other duties that support the Camp Harbor View community as specified by the Family Services Manager or organizational leadership team;
- Attend Financial Literacy conferences, review meetings, comply and contribute actively to the required monitoring of outcomes for the GI program and training sessions;
- Facilitate quarterly check-ins with participants, provide individual resource coordination, maintain up-to-date data on participants in database;
- Create monthly newsletters sharing financial literacy resources, community events, workshop information, etc. and;
- Research topics areas relevant to planning for GI program.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required;
- Previous experience working with diverse populations;
- Knowledge of Boston- based financial resources;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required;
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds; and
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using Salesforce strongly preferred.
Please send resume and cover letter to Danielle Halderman.