Camp Harbor View’s work is focused on providing opportunity to some of Boston’s most historically marginalized communities. We believe that by working together with the families in our program we will make progress in overcoming many of the barriers of systemic inequity and advancing educational and economic parity. We strive to build a staff and board that is reflective of the communities that we serve.
Title/Position: Development Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Events and Partnerships
Location: 79 Newbury St., Boston, MA
Hours: Full-time, salary
Camp Harbor View, a Boston-based nonprofit youth and family services organization, is seeking a Development Coordinator to join our dynamic team. This is a perfect role for an early-career fundraiser with the drive and talent to have a big impact on the city of Boston. The ideal candidate will be a driven, creative doer ready to collaborate with the CHV team to attract new partners and donors and support relationships with long-term supporters.
Founded in 2007, CHV partners with more than 1,000 young Bostonians and their families to offer transformational year-round experiences, from our free summer camp in the Harbor Islands to our school-year Leadership Academy and year-round family programs.
Camp Harbor View’s work is focused on partnering with families from some of Boston’s most historically marginalized communities. We believe strongly in representation and equity at every level of our work, and we strongly encourage applicants from all cultures, races, educational backgrounds, life experiences, socio-economic classes, sexual orientations, age, gender, and physical abilities to apply.
- Assisting in the creation and management of fundraising strategies and tactics
- Creating fundraising materials to directly support the development team:
- Creating giving histories for individuals and organizations
- Creating in-depth donor profiles for prospecting meetings and ideas
- Creating and managing prospect lists for review and utilization
- Tracking fundraising pledges and revenue and sharing reports:
- Creating bi-weekly fundraising reports for the team
- Tracking gifts and relationships in Salesforce
- Creating reports and lists for mailings
- Supporting the team in planning and coordinating events, including our annual Beach Ball gala, 5K Road Race, and smaller events throughout the year. Event support includes:
- Creating and managing invite lists
- Serving as a liaison for guests attending the event
- Coordinating sponsorship listing for major donors and vendors
- Managing table seating
- Managing donor acknowledgements and communications, including tax receipts and thank you notes.
- 2+ years of experience in development or related field
- Experience with managing fundraising or sales relationships
- Experience working with fast-paced teams
- Fluency with technology (especially Microsoft Office Excel)
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A focus on service and problem solving
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Kara Bassett.