Clinical Social Worker
This is an exciting position for an entrepreneurial and team-oriented clinical social worker looking for a fun and exciting challenge. Camp Harbor View is an innovative, fast-paced organization that deploys a participant-centered approach to all its programs. The Clinical Social Worker is responsible for the implementation of clinical support services for the diverse population of young people enrolled in Camp Harbor View’s Leadership Academy programs, with a specific focus on serving young people participating in the Leader in Training Program and 9th Grade RISE programs (grades 9-12). They will be responsible for managing a caseload of young people, providing one to one, and where applicable, group supports. The clinical social worker is an important member of the program team, playing a key role in carrying out the holistic supports that Camp Harbor View provides to young people and their families.
Title/Position: Master Level Clinician or Social Worker
Reports to: Clinical Director
Location: Primary – 46 Plympton Street, Boston, MA 02118. Seasonal – Long Island, Boston Harbor
Position: Exempt, Full Time with expected evening work during the school year when after-school programs are operating. Summer season work is generally 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clinical experience with children/adolescents is required and familiarity with trauma informed models of treatment preferred. Experience with community mental health programs preferred but not required;
- Ability to create and implement treatment/service plans that demonstrate a clear understanding of the client’s cultural background;
- Proven ability to form therapeutic relationships with people from diverse backgrounds including those of different racial, ethnic, linguistic, religious and sexual orientation identities;
- Utilize treatment modalities that are consistent with program goals and that best fit with clients’ age and treatment needs, including play/expressive therapy, group therapy and family therapy;
- Manage a caseload of 10-20 youth, depending on need;
- Design and provide clinical interventions for caseload;
- Provide crisis intervention and guidance to youth enrolled in the program, as needed;
- Engage and work closely with the LIT team; ensuring effective and appropriate communication is taking place around services for youth;
- Participate in dispute resolution meetings and mediation settlement meetings as needed;
- Collaborate with members of the family services team to ensure holistic needs are being met as much as possible for families;
- Support the development and growth of a positive culture within the organization and it’s programs;
- Other duties that support the Camp Harbor View community as specified by the Clinical Director or organizational leadership team.
- 18+ years of age;
- Minimum Master’s degree or above in the mental health field, must be licensed or license eligible (LCSW, LICSW, LMHC or LMFT).
- Previous experience working with middle school and/or high school aged students;
- Positive behavior management and mediation skills;
- Knowledge of youth development principles preferred;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required;
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds; and
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Danielle Halderman at email@example.com.